Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1998 bath and half at MOT
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 03:16 AM   #22
jack14r

Dave,The entertainer coach is very different,it has a longer wheelbase,3 inch taller interior a lower gross weight front axle.Prevost builds their own slides and they also have their own leveling system called level low.I am not saying that there have not been some Valid slides used but Prevost does not sell them,all of the Prevost slides are engineered by the factory.Most entertainer coaches have a single front slide,I have not seen a single slide motor coach since the 2005 model year.There are a variety of converters,some convert political buses,medical buses,audio-video production facilities,and our stupid president has one converted by Hemphill Brothers.The real motor coach converters are Liberty,Millennium,Featherlite(Amadas) Marathon,and Outlaw,Then there were about 4 that went under after 2007,Legendary,Country Coach,parliament and Royale.If you total the number of coaches that the 5 converters are converting will total this year less than 50.We could discuss systems and if you look at the major converters you will find very complex and durable systems,I prefer Cruise Airs to roof airs,Webasto to Aqua Hot,OTR or as some call it bus air,inverters that will supply enough current to run 2 AC units,Head Hunter pumps and toilet.We all have opinions on values but we cannot change the market place,I have followed the Prevost market for about 10 years and I can say that the orphan coaches got cheap and the major converters have maintained a predictable deprecation.I think that the reduction in values is too much compared to the price of a new one.