Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - build me a bedroom
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 02:25 AM   #16
encantotom

water ingress....

i have water coming in a few places.

so, i am resealing all the windows. for some goofy reason, mine were put in with the butyl tape. i put all new windows in my 90 so am pretty experienced with putting them in. the way to install them is with foam tape. that is what the manufacturer recommends. so, i cleaned all the ooze off (took me hours) and used pinstriping tape around the corners and masking around the rest to get a clean seal line. i talked to tommy at newell and he said they use sikaflex polyurethane to seal the windows, so my bus shop had it so i got some tubes of it from him today.

i did the passenger side tonite before dark for masking and will get up early in the morning and do the caulking.

next will be the drivers side.

i bought a new scaffolding set at harborfreight and it is awesome for this. i just sat on the scaffold and did the windows.

i also found a leak at the mirrors. that is where my water damage is from up front. i will take them off and reseal them. for them you need to use butyl tape. i did the same on my 90.

i have my bed and nightstands just about all designed. i have a buddy who is going to build the bed for me. he is a master crafstman. the nighstands i am having a cabinet guy do.

it was a trick to design the bed to make it able to be removed. my bedroom slide is a flat floor one so different than most of yours.

i bought UHMW natural 1/2" plastic sheet (expensive stuff) to cut into strips to put on the bottom of the bed to help it glide smoothly across the carpet.

am doing alot of things in parallel to get ready for our first big roadtrip to ohio at the end of june.

thanks to all of you for your ideas and advice.

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote