Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hydraulic Fan Control
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #7
Barry Rooker

Regarding the VMS 330, no, I'm not rolling in cash, Richard. Just trying to get good info about my engine's actual temp. The VMS is probably overkill to get that info. At lease there's more I can do first. I've recently replaced the VDO gauge & sender & run a new ground. Also replaced the DDEC's nearby sender. The temp needle's steady and doesn't fall when the glass is tapped. My infra red gun comfirms the gauge's temp is almost correct, reading just five degrees on the high side. So what I was seeing yesterday was really 205, not 210. And the outside temp was 97 degrees. I'm probably okay.

I'm speculating the variable isn't bad info from the gauge, but a variance in when the hydraulic fan jumps from the constant 25% fan speed to 100%. That's a DDEC function. I need to see if the DDEC is reporting similar temps. It's never shut down, even when showing 230 last April.

The mechanic may have used gasket sealant when he put the engine senders in and that could understate actual temps to the gauge & the DDEC. A bad ground at the gauge could overstate temps at the gauge. Hope I've got that right.
Barry Rooker is offline   Reply With Quote