Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Basement SCS A/C Service at Newell.....issues and HELP NEEDED!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #1
Dave-n-Marjorie

Default Basement SCS A/C Service at Newell.....issues and HELP NEEDED!!!!!!

Hi everyone. I am in need of some help and input, hopefully by tomorrow morning. I am sitting here spending the night in a bay at Newell and it is not going well. I have a double unit. Before arriving here I installed a new board, all capacitors new, new thermostat, new #2 compressor, cleaned unit top to bottom....leak tested, all coils and fins look new.

#1 compressor was not working as good as it should and at 16 years old, I knew it had to be replaced. Talked to Cressly and Dwight last week a few times and they told me what the ranges should be and I need to replace compressor #1 and "tweak" both. I decied to go out of my way and bring it to Newell, shipped a NEW compressor to Newell, made an appt with Tommy and drove here.

So today Dwight pulls unit out, replaces #1 compressor. By 3pm, unit is turned on, its supposedly 90 deg inside the covered service bay and its 80 in the rear bedroom of the coach. He turns it on high which uses both compressors. I asked him if I can just keep it on low to run compressor #1 only to test, as I know the second new compressor works. He said it wont cool at all with just one compressor on, it needs both but gave in and I turn on just the one compressor (not on high)

The air is blowing in the bedroom register 75deg. The air at return under stairs is 80deg. Thats a 5 degree difference!!!! He said thats because its 90 outside and on one compressor, THATS THE BEST IT WILL EVER GET.

He then turns on the second compressor and it drops to 69deg out of bedroom register. 11 degree difference.

My FRONT SINGLE unit has a 21 degree difference at same temps!!!! Dwight cant explain that one!!!!

This is NOT in direct sunlight in the covered shop garage!!! Not in the REAL HEAT!!!

Tommy says he should have booked me with Cressly next week (he is on vacation this week) and Dwight is only one here who knows these a/c's.

Dwight says NO Newell basement airs have ever worked well in high heat (90 deg), and only way to fix is to replace them with roof airs. He packed up his tools, sealed up unit and is done!!!!!

MY A/C's ARE WORKING WORSE THAN WHEN I GOT HERE!!!

I AM BEYOND DISSAPOINTED!!!

What do I do?? Dwight himself told me last week should be 18+ degree difference and now 11 degrees is acceptable???

Dwight said he will pull unit open again tomorrow, so he can test each unit seperatly. HE WANTS TO TEST AT 7AM WHEN ITS COOL OUT!!! Plus I am spending night in the bay...even cooler!!! The numbers will be skewed as it will be cool out!!

If you have any advice please call me tonite till midnight or first thing in the morning. three five two 223-9494.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote