Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - wont shift from N
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
paultracy3

Default wont shift from N

have a 99 newell with a 6 speed allison drove it 300 miles the other day to co camping in the sand dunes . parked for 3 days , fired the bus up to leave and it would not shift from neutral into drive or reverse . messed around for 6 hours checking for codes , unpluging the allison brain , check this sensor that sensor . nothing . got a guy to pull me with a 4x4 to get the bus closer to the main road , i had the bus engine running so i had power steering , we were rolling about 2-3 mph as he pulled me and i hit the drive key on the pad and it went in gear . i said holly crap it fixed itself , i went back to neutral and again it would not go back into gear . pulled the coach again and it went into gear , then i checked if it would go in reverse without going to neutral first and it did . i went for it and drove home 300 miles no problem with the tranny but never put it in neutral . got the bus back in my storage , put it in neutral again and it would not shift into gear again ... any thoughts on this please help
paultracy3 is offline   Reply With Quote