Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - No 12 volt?
Thread: No 12 volt?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
chockwald

OK....problem solved....it's always the ground....well, not ALWAYS, but a lot of the time. Tom was helping me, over the phone, to trace the wiring running from the converter/charger back to the rear panel so we could begin testing the wire for voltage, and I was about 1/2 way back to the rear panel where the merge solenoid is when my neighbor walked up and asked "what's wrong?".....he is a crane operator, but is also a wiz on diesel, or gas engines, as well as large diesel trucks. He took me back to the rear electrical panel and started wiggling ground wires....he began wiggling the large ground on the right of the picture below (and it was very loose) and I hear a "click"....then he wiggled the other one and the same result....we cleaned off the terminals and the wire connections and reconnected, and wala....12 volt power again in the coach.

Thank you again, Tom and Richard for your help. What a relief. The more I talked with each of you the better I felt about figuring this out. Always helps to have knowledgeable eyes on site, however, and my neighbor and his son have helped me and my son, Tim numerous times with car and coach issues and have always come through quickly....should have talked to him sooner. But, still it is so nice to know that you guys are there for me and feeling my pain.....nice to know I'm not alone in this adventure, and that, as Tom has said before, is the real blessing of this website are the friendships that have developed over these past 2 years.....3/1/2010 will be our 2 year anniversary of the purchase of our Newell.
Attached Images

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote