Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Black water tank removal
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #23
Wally Arntzen

Charlie, If I had to take mine out I would take out on the water tank side. I replaced my water tank about 4 years ago and it was quite easy. There is no question that removing the water tank would be a lot less work than removing all the plumbing on the other side.

Clarke, I would never dump the waste on a spot that I was staying at and sometimes the old statement "rules are made to be broken" is in order. One time I was between Vegas and Twin Falls Idaho on a highway that was 490 miles with on town between them and I was having problems with the coach, the tank was full and starting to smell inside. I simply pulled off on a road that was for bringing cattle for open grazing and it was close to the staging area where they dump them off and I pushed the majic dump button and let er go. I was moving about 5 miles per hour so I spread it out and left the area with no quilt associated with my need to get rid of it. That dump is on the coaches for those kind of situations which are considedred emergencies.
About 10 years ago I was driving my car close to Fargo, ND, had to take a leak and could not make it to Fargo or a rest area so I pulled my car over to side of the Interstate and angled it. I got out and a highway patrol man pulled right behind me and asked if I had a problem and told that I could not make it to a bathroom and had to go behind the open door of my car. He said that is an emergency go ahead and left. I did me deed and he had a choice of letting me do it or telling me to go in my pants. True story
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote