Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Progressive Dynamics PD712 problem
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
slateblue911

Default Progressive Dynamics PD712 problem

I have a Progressive Dynamics PD712 on my Newell. I am having a problem that hopefully someone can help me with. My converter has an off/on switch in the closet. When I am on AC power and I switch the converter on I hear an initial click. After about 10-15 seconds I hear another click. Both are coming from the converter. It seems to be switching inside. This continues until I turn off the converter. My biggest problem isn't the switching noise it is that once the convertoer is powered on my DC voltage goes up to 24 volts. Once the converter makes the switching noise it goes back down to 12 volts. Obviously the converter is putting too much voltage on the DC side and it has now blown out four of my 12 volt flourescent fixtures. Is this normal. The PD712 manual states that the converter takes the 120V and converts it to 12v. I have had other electrical problems with the AC side but those have been fixed and I do not see where any of the wiring in the coach has been changed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://www.newellclassic.com/gallery....php?album=145
slateblue911 is offline   Reply With Quote