Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Someday!
Thread: Someday!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #2
fulltiming

Welcome Gene. I always hate to hear of folks that have had a living nightmare with their coaches, regardless of brand and cost. While all coaches require maintenance and upkeep, unsolvable problems that keep you off the road are unacceptable.

If you are looking for a coach with a slide, you would be looking for a 1997 or later in a Newell and 2000 or later in a Foretravel. By 1998 most of the Newells had slides, typically two slides, although a few were built without slides after that at the customers specific request.

You will find the Foretravels in any comparable year to be significantly less expensive than the Newells. Drive both to help narrow down your choices. I think you will see a noticeable difference in ride and certainly in materials used. I personally like Foretravels and think they are probably the pick of the litter of fiberglass sided coaches. (I suspect you already know that the Newells are aluminum.) One of the deciding factors will be length. There are very few used Newells with slides available that are less than 45 feet (there is one 40 foot double slide and a 44 foot triple slide for sale that I am aware of) while Foretravels are readily available in shorter lengths of 36, 40, and 42 feet (new Foretravels are available in 38-45 foot).

Ask any questions you might have. I will tell you having lived in a Newell for over two years that it is a dependable coach that is well built to handle the rigors of fulltiming.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote