Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1993 Newell Coach Rotten Bathroom Sub Floor Replacement
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
encantotom

Forest,

i had to do the same thing below the driver and passenger window on the floor under the seats and the sidewall. i have posted that elsewhere. for all of you, alot of this kind of damage is hidden by wallpaper and carpeting and tile. for mine, the seam where the fiberglass front cap and the aluminum body panel met had leaked inside. originally they had put some kind of tape on it, but that had dried out and over the years water had seeped in and rotted the plywood.

i did as you are suggesting underneath the seats only. that is 4 layers of plywood for strength so the seats didnt compress the plywood and foam sandwich. however i only did it under the seats and redid the sandwich of foam and plywood on the other areas to maintain the soundproofing. in the bathroom you should be find doing that too. i also put a rubber soundproofing mat on that is also a anti fracture membrane for tile and a waterproofing membrane. in fact, i put that everwhere on the floor before recarpeting and putting granite down.

part of the reason for the foam is sound and vibration isolation, especially on top of that metal pan floor you are seeing. btw, that doesnt go all the way across the floor, only in about 1/3 of the way. i am not sure you need extra strength in the bathroom but up to you.

i posted about my bathroom toilet story and it was no ones fault but my own. when i put in my granite floor, it was higher than the previous tile floor and the foam toilet seal didnt compress enough. it didnt leak enough to do anything other than give a slight smell so i bought new floor flange and put a hard rubber spacer underneath it to raise it up and then use a new foam gasket. yea, the correct gasket on my sealand toilet is foam and not wax.

i know it looks terrible, but it is just work. i must say we really like our granite floors we put in.

have fun!

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote