Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Crystal Clear Water for Coach - Clever Option
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
MarkofSJC

Default Crystal Clear Water for Coach - Clever Option

I wanted to share a great idea. I was chatting with Steve, the owner of California Coach Company, who owns a pristine Prevost that has a dark blue exterior, and even though it's an early 1980's, the paint is flawless. He was walking me through the custom upgrades he's done (and the list is very long) and I mentioned it must be hard to keep the outside of the coach clean, especially when he's on the road.

He just smiled and opened up one of the curb side bays. Inside was two cannisters, a bunch of braided hose connecting them and various connections to both the water tank and a hose bib connection. He installed a de-ionization system in his coach. Any water he brings in from any source he runs through it first, then into the storage tank.

Not only can he attach a hose and wash off the outside of his coach anywhere/anytime he wants (even in full sun) without having to dry it or worry about spotting. But on the interior, no need to wipe down glass shower doors, faucet tips don't accumulate any grime, and even using water from the tap to wipe surfaces down with a rag works like Windex.

He gets about 700 gallons from the two cannisters, and they're very cheap to replace (and just as easy, as his rack slides our for easy access). Plus all the plumbing in his coach is protected from hard or aggressive water.

There's an option I'm going to incorporated....just as soon as I get my dream Newell!!!

Hope someone else finds this useful!

Mark
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote