Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Crystal Clear Water for Coach - Clever Option
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
MarkofSJC

Hey, I just spent a chunk of Saturday with Steve. Yes, his Prevost is quite old...and I would happily allow myself to have a surgical proceedure anywhere inside the coach, it's that pristine & clean!

I too have to correct myself, as I miss-heard him earlier (prompting my original post here). I thought it was 700 gallons per charge, but it's actually more like 70 gallons (whoops!). He has a two cartridge system and he said it costs 70 ~ 80 bucks to re-charge it. On the other hand, the cost for just getting a coach washed makes this seem like a no brainer imo. He also noted that there's a large one cartridge system that could just be stowed and then pulled out and connected when needed (hmmmm).

He did show me on another coach they'd installed a small water softener that all water was run through prior to going into the fresh water tank. He said the biggest issue is to make sure the tray and areas around it don't get salt on them to avoid corrosion (I'm planning on potasium rather than sodium...not thinking it will be as corrosive, and certainly better for you. I believe that same coach also had a pressure washer, hose & real belt in (a guy after my own heart!)

Steve is just amazing. We're trying to see if we can purchase a 2009 Newell, Mid entry, bath & 1/2 with a murphy bed, that's exactly what we're looking for...right down to the galley on the driver's side, two couches up front, and a tv on the underside of the murphy for on-the-road viewing for the kids, and a internet sat for my work. It even has roof awnings on both sides for my time in the desert in summer. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'm thinking I can get the Newell, add a huge 3-tank DI system and pressure washer...and then stand outside RV sites with a cardboard sign "will wash your coach for food"
MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote