Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Refinishing wall with vinyl upholstery material
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
Neweller

Got the windows cut out and inside aluminum trim pieces fitting. Things are really taking shape now. My wife is really liking the vinyl on the wall. I can see why they do leather on some of the newer coaches. I seen some other vinyls that really looked like leather for about double the price of what I paid for this material. I would love to do another coach and go a little more wild next time. But, have to get this one done enough first.

Everywhere you staple, you have to keep good tension on the material and with help from another, you can staple at the tension points. Going around the window frame, I just stapled about 2 to 3 inches apart and then once I was happy with the tension on the material, I would staple closer together between the tension holding staples. You don't need any extra help doing the fill in staples, you can pull the in between areas with one hand and staple with the other. I still have to finish tightening the vinyl near the dash and windshield areas. I will use a little spray glue for hold in those areas. I plan on finishing the corners where staples show with either 1/2" stained corner round, or a cloth corner bead. With the stapler I'm using, it makes it tough to get closer to the side wall areas, which would allow for small corner bead if desired. That is why I'm thinking about the smaller wood corner round. Either way will look good. I guess I could even wrap the corner round with a chosen material, if I chose.

One of my next projects will be to completely remove and seal those two windows while they are loose.

Ken
Attached Images

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote