Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 20KW Kubota 4 cyl Generator Overheating
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #13
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Rooker View Post
I've been reviewing the posts on generator operating temps. Even after re-coring the radiator, this summer with triple digit temps, my generator would run over 200.....when moving. I stop and the temp drops 20 degrees.

There were several earlier posts about the Road Air discharging into the genset's blower area. Mine does that. Another post mentioned blocking off part of the intake grille on the side of the coach. By the way, the rubber skirt that connects the radiator's shroud to the fixed shroud under the coach is in good condition.

Both my engine & genset seem affected by strong side winds, perhaps robbing cooling air from being pulled in & through the radiators.

Any ideas?
Barry,

I don't have a rubber skirt that connects the radiator's shroud to the fixed shroud under the coach - there is nothing there! I wonder if that could be the cause of my overheating problem?

I know for a fact that my dash AC dumps hot air into the generator blower and that air is blown into the generator bay; that has to increase the operating temps.

I am going to Newell at the end of August for service, and I am going to ask them about the rubber skirt and also about installing a metal shroud to re-direct the dash AC hot air so it doesn't dump into the generator blower.

My generator will run at 200 degrees in 100 ambient with the dash AC OFF! If I turn on the dash AC on the generator operating temps goes up to 225+.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote