Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1994 Newell Motor Coach on ebay
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
Neweller

Keith, I believe Cheri and Ralph are talking about the blue laminate walls. The flooring looks great in that coach from the pictures but who knows without an in person inspection. I've learned that from a couple of others. I also agree about removing things to resurface the floor. Man is it easier that way. I have done the same thing in houses when remodeling kitchens or baths especially. Then install all the cabinets and such back over the new floor. Just like the guy who learned the hard way on installing the new floor in Dave and Marjories Newell. Took way way longer than he (the installer) anticipated.

Regarding the laminate wall surface; I can only suggest painting or covering things depending on the area. I have painted plenty of laminate and the main thing is preparing the surface. Home Depot sells an amazing primer called "Gripper" and it was originally designed to be a glue but became a primer instead. It's amazing stuff. Sticks to almost anything and is not coming off. I have used it, then applied a faux finish, and a clear urethane or epoxy clear coat. Just have to decide on your preferred finish and sheen. Otherwise if you are good with laminate that is always the pricier option.

I'm sure Mike (mnhoff) may have some pointers since that is his old profession. Or anyone else for that matter?
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote