Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - HT-741 shifting pattern
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
77newell

Hey there Keith: the Allison ATEC (the ECM module in my coach, versus the newer WTEC) diagrams I've found that show the interaction with the 8V92TA DDEC III (Detroit Diesel Electronic Control version III) shows something different than you have described. It shows the signal wire (#105A) coming from the throttle pedal and going to terminal 6 on the ATEC. It also shows a connection to wire #105A somewhere between the pedal and the ATEC of wire #105B that goes to terminal P on the round plug on the DDEC. What I'm planning on doing is see if ATEC terminal 6 has a wire attached and then follow that wire. It is possible that the wire is already there but the ATEC lacks the programming to use the signal which would be really cool. The alternative is that I spend lots of time tracing wires.

I wonder if what you are referring to as the tps on the transmission is some kind of speed sensor rather than a sensor measuring throttle position. The diagram I have shows the only reference to the throttle sensor as being in the cockpit. I'm a thorough novice on this system so I could be out in la-la land somewhere so I appreciate your input especially given all the work you've done on your 77. I'll let everyone know what I find.
2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote