Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Buying Used High End Luxury Coach How Old To Buy?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #5
The Newell

Let's assume that you are very handy and can easily repair anything. Then the issue becomes how easily you can get parts for your coach. There are very few things I have not had to fix in some way.

The house portion of the RV is fairly easy to maintain, regardless of age. The exterior problems are directly related to how well you maintain the watertight seals, ie sealant. Mother nature weathering is dependent on the amount of exposure. Outdoor storage leads to more issues. After 5-7 years of age, constant monitoring and upkeep of these things is almost mandatory.

The chassis & engine parts become harder to find after 10 years of age. Since these are 'custom' vehicles, parts are not usually stored on the shelf. Preventative maintenance is the best route to prevent problems on the road.
If you are not handy, have limited abilities to fix things, or just don't want to, then I'd suggest the newer coach route.

Regardless of age, you can perform an inspection simply by operating all features to satisfy yourself that they work. Look for any signs of water damage or anything that looks like it is not as it should have been build, then ask questions. This may take an hour or more. Use your best judgement. Treat it like you are buying a house and a car in one, after all it is a house on wheels.

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote