Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 2002 Newell for sale
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #16
Dave-n-Marjorie

Very simple....there are what 15-20 current Newells for sale at any one time through individual owners in the USA? Newell owners should align theirs to Prevost for sale (marathon, vantare, a highline convertor..) same year, engine, floorplan, extras and price accordingly. Dont be so desperate to lower pricing and cave in on the bottom feeders. If everyone sticks together, they wont find another Newell as they are so rare and have to pay more. Then, when they resell, they will get more for their Newell.

As far as dealers go, I currently work for a RV dealer and each deal is a seperate one. I have seen a 500hp quad slide Newmar Essex sell at a dealer (not the one I work for) for $125k and the dealer made $40k and Ive seen the same coach sell for $150k and the dealer make $3k. You can never compare a private sale to a dealer sale. Remember, the dealer got that Newell on a TRADE....How much $$$ did he make on that trade?? He might only have $150k in that Newell, that is not the coaches value, its the deal that was made on the trade.

Like I said...Overpriced?? Hmm compare it to a Prevost....That 02 is waaaay UNDER PRICED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaFe View Post
Help me understand how you see Newell owners stabilizing the market price on used RV's?
If the coach in question has not sold then you have your answer on if it too high or not...
The dealer doesn't think it is worth more than asking price and that price
has profit, overhead, commission, advertising, and negotiation room all built in that
asking price !!!!
yes it is Overpriced....
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote