Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Aqua Hot won't fire on diesel setting
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
smagown

Default Aqua Hot won't fire on diesel setting

Hello all:
On my last outing the Aqua Hot wouldn't work on diesel but would on ac. When I got home I pulled the trouble shooting manual out (available online also). When you flip the switch over the sink the red light would come on but go out after twenty seconds, indicating I had no ignition. I pulled the return fuel line and ran a hose off the nipple to a jar ( but first I ran the hose to a jar and hit the start button, not a good move. The return nipple shot diesel for about a minute before i got a hose on it!) I was looking to make sure I had no air bubbles in the fuel. I didn't. Next, I undid the two 7/16" eyebolts on either side of the burner and pulled it out where I could see the business end of it. With the wires still hooked up I had plenty of slack. There you find the fuel nozzle that atomizes the spray, the two igniter prongs, the fuel solenoid, and the flame sensor (photo electric cell). DON"T hit the start button inside without undoing one of the two wires to the fuel solenoid. If you do and it does fire you will have a beautiful military grade flame thower pointed at you. There are only four wires, two to the fuel solenoid and two to the photo cell. Undo one to the solenoid and one to the photo cell. Hit the start button and if the photo cell is bad the electrodes will spark. I then had spark so I knew the cell was bad. It "sees" the flame and allows fuel to be supplied to the burner.
If you still don't have spark you remove the cover off the coil and undo it's two wires and apply 12v to the yellow & ground to the brown, attach both photo cell wires back and hit start. If you then have spark the coil is bad.
The photo cell was $162 & the coil is $400+. Ordered from Newell, installed and it now works.
Any questions? (Call Tom, he knows everything!!)
Thanks,
97 #458 w/3 roof airs, 07 997 GT3, 62 Vette,67 SS427 Chevelle, 02 Boxter, 74 GMC mtr hm, 88 Mastercraft 190 Prostar, 86 Ski Nautique 2000, 02 Baja Islander 212
smagown is offline   Reply With Quote