Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Newell Coach Insurance Costs
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiracleJ View Post
I am searching for opinion on insurance costs. When we purchased our Newell we had our policy written by Alstate insurance. (Allstate) had given me a insurance policy for about $750 with a $1,000 deductible.

We did $250,000/$500,000 Bodily Injury and $100,000 property damage.

It has Collision and Comprehensive limits of "Actual Cash Value".

my questions are

1) Should we go with an insurance policy from one of the RV groups stat specialize in motor homes
2) Do these limits sound about average
3) Does the premium sound right.
4) If our coach is totaled what determines the value for the insurance company ?. Will any insurance company use what I paid for our newell or will they use the market price of probably half that as the replacement value?

Thanks for any input,

MiracleJ
MiracleJ,

I have my 1999 Newell insured with Allstate. I have the same limits that you have 250,500, & 100. My premium is $750 per year. I have been trying for 20 years to find out what the insurance company would pay if the coach was totaled; I still don't know.

When I ask my agent, they say it will be market value less depreciation (which translates into Tuga gets screwed)!

If you can get an answer from anybody please post it. I would love to hear how they arrive at fair market value. I know how I would do it but what really counts is how the insurance company will do it.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote