Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air Dryer
Thread: Air Dryer
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
Wally Arntzen

I always use my coach in extremly cold weather (sometimes below -20 degrees). About 7 years ago I was in Santa Fe, New Mexico and was leaving in the morning and the air line froze that operates the accelarator.The coach was running in idel and the pedal would not increase the RPM's n the engine. I called a deisel mechanic out and he new exactley what it was. He removed a plug in the system poured in a pint of alcohol and it was imediatley remidied.
When I got back to Minneapolis my mechanic friend put a quart of alcohol in all my air tanks.
Now I have a quart of alcohol put in all of my tanks every October to carry me through the winter no matter where I am. I have never had anything in the air system freeze up since and he informed me that they do that to all of the buses that run in cold weather or there would be countless problems in the Northern arear of the country.Get your rusty tanks, bad check valves, water seperators, etc, replaced and put alcohol in the tanks and you will be good to go. End of discussion.
Thats the fat mans position and I'm sticking with it.

Just get er done and Happy New Year.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote