Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Portable Macerator Pump
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #25
Richard and Rhonda

Clarke, see page 2 of this thread. Those are all the pics I took. My install is not fancy since I did not have the room to permanently mount the pump without major renovation.

I ran 12V wiring with quick disconnect for power, and you can see how I adapted the pump to the existing discharge. I just have to hook it up when I need to use it. Takes all of a minute.

I did find that the one inch discharge hose did not work out. Oh it folds nice and flat, but it tends to collapse and form pinch points that the pump is not strong enough to overcome. I ended up getting two lengths of 3/4 ID garden hose. A ten foot length for using in the parks, and a 50 foot length that will reach from the street to the drain cleanout at my home.

I have used it about four times now, and each time gets easier.

I will say, as Tom, and others have commented. You better do a check of all your fittings and where the hose is aimed before you hit the go button. It pumps a lot of poop in a short period of time. It will blow the discharge hose out of the drain if you don't secure it. Trust me on that one.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote