Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 1972 Brake Schematic
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
sopicki

Hello Forum, We took the Carole Ann about 100 miles from Massillon Ohio to Geneva-On-The-Lake Ohio for our first real camping trip. Still much work to be done, but we really wanted to get some use out of her. The coach performed magnificently, the steering is tight, engine and transmission are purring, electrics are doing what they should....BUT the brake pedal went to the floor as we pulled into the RV park. As I've been afraid of, I obviously blew a seal on one of the four wheel cylinders as there was brake fluid dripping out of my left rear wheel. My daughter and I rode our bikes to a local parts store and got some brake fluid and I bled the brakes at our camping spot. This was good enough to get us home, but now I've got to find a wheel cylinder. Any suggestions for part numbers, a manufacturer....anything? I'll be bringing the coach to my brother-in-law's shop to pull the wheels and axles (the axle has to come out of the diff to get the drum off) so we can get a better idea of what the wheel cylinder looks like. Could these brakes be from a Ford F-600? Anyway, just asking again if anyone knows who built the brakes on our early 70's Newells. Thanks!
sopicki is offline   Reply With Quote