Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Handling Characteristics
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #14
encantotom

i gotta tell ya, i love the bluebirds too. but my experience is with the newell and I don't want to start over. the cabin noise you refer too is kinda like saying "what is that noise rattle when my house shakes in an earthquake?" i'm fat and this is a 40k pound house going over bumpy roads, so some noise is gonna be there. the bigger deal is how they ride and drive.

now i am sure the newer newells are quieter than my rattler and i would hope so, but i would guess it should be for a ton more money.

most cabin noises are related to stuff bouncing around...statement of the obvious....i have even driven with the garbage disposal on till it burned out wondering what that noise was.....dummy me.

when i gutted my interior and updated it, 90% of my noises went away. also, i dont live in my coach so i am not carrying everything under the sun like some crazy fools here do. i also hate rattles, so it drives darlene crazy that when i hear a new one i make her walk around while i am driving to find it. when she drove last time on the freeway, i spent most of my time finding rattles. i identified about 4-5 sources i am in the process of fixing. wish me luck.....

i put a sound barrier rubber mat on the floor before i put new flooring down to help as well, but that floor is already 2 inches thick.....i also put insulation in some of the front bays like where the genny blower is and the 110v air compressor bay on the other side.

the metal miniblinds were the biggest rattle in mine and i took them out and put the fabric cellular blinds in and love them.

but....compared to other coaches i have owned or been in, this one is much quieter. some wind noise, but expected, the ones a few years older are the same. darlene and elaine rode in each others coaches and the 82 and 90 were about the same.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote