Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Handling Characteristics
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 PM   #16
tuga

My story is a little different; I started out with a Newell - never owned anthing else.

When I sold my boat in 1992, I was driving back from Miami, FL and saw an advertisement for Buddy Gregg (I think) so I pulled in and looked at a used 1988 Bluebird. It was really nice inside and it looked as strong as a tank. I was impressed. I started reading and talking to everyone I could about motorhomes. I joined FMCA after reading one of their magazines that I borrowed from a friend.

I started out looking at a mini Class C - no way - too small. Next I looked at a new Holiday Rambler Navigator; the price was about $260K. Then back to the FMCA magazine and I noticed Newell advertisement: Their slogan read "The vehicle for getting there becomes the reason for going". So I called Newell and Dave Prince suggested that I call Arnold Bernard who lived a short distance from my home. Arnold & Connie answered all of my questions, let me drive their coach, and I was hooked at this point. I made an appointment with Dave Prince to fly up to Miami and wound up buying a 1987 Newell 40' w/tag axle. My logic was simple: I could buy a 5 year old Newell for the same amount that I would pay for a Holiday Rambler. No contest, the Newell won hands down. I did drive a Newmar Dutch Star once; I didn't like it.

You'll have to go a long way to find a better value than a Newell. Dollar for dollar it has no equal.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote