Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Looking for Newell Coach emblem and steering wheel horn button
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #23
sopicki

Newellers, I have been planning on using EmblemArt that Ed and Melba suggested, I'm guessing I'll get to that project when the weather becomes less hospitable. Since purchasing Carole Ann I've had many higher priorities for her refit. The water pump compartment was completely rotted out (the floor was only attached on one side), water pump did not work, plumbing hoses were cracking apart, incorrect fittings, city water fitting was laying on the floor inside.... Once I got water working I discovered leaking drains in the kitchen and bath and the ball seal in the toilet needs replaced. That revealed that both the grey water and black water valves were in need of replacement. The Ford 391 was replaced in 1981 with a new Detroit 8.2L Turbo Diesel however they left the electric choke wire in place which had dead shorted against the frame, fried my alternator and ignition switch on the drive home and melted itself and many of the wires surrounding it. I spent a week cutting, soldering and shrink tubing all of the damaged wires. The engine compartment was lined with asbestos canvas. I (carefully!!) removed and replaced the asbestos with metallic/glass insulation from LMC truck. I've secured numerous propane leaks, one on the tank gauge itself (thankfully just a loose screw). Next week I need to reframe the refrigerator cabinet work so I can install the Norcold refrigerator. We'll be replacing the front carpet as soon as I'm done adjusting the valve lash. After that the Generac generator (which runs but produces no voltage) will be replaced with an Onan 6.5. This winter we will be reupholstering with turquoise sunfast marine canvas. Of course I need to replace the felt channel in the sliding windows which I posted on the exterior forum. If someone would like to share the setup cost of the Emblems I would consider moving that up the list of priorities. Otherwise I will be sure to post to the forum this winter how the emblems turned out.
sopicki is offline   Reply With Quote