Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Air system schematic
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
encantotom

i believe that if the air connections were leaking, you would be able to easily see bubbles using windex. the same for the nipple going into the airbag. the leak you are talking about is a slow one and not fast like fulltiming describes. i had one fast leak that lowerd the right front only in leveling mode (mine is manual like yours and totally fabricated by newell) and it showed it self by air coming out of the ride height control valve centered on the front axle. it was a bad solenoid that was letting air escape through the control valve.

if you cant see leaks on the airbags themselves along with the other places listed above, my guess is you have a bad solenoid. i am cheaper than Michael and only replaced the 3 solenoids that i had that were bad. the other two just didnt work. i keep one spare with me now, but at 80 bucks a pop i will replace them as they go bad. i can change one now in about ten minutes or less and it is easy.

i agree with michael on the air brake pressure. the thing we all have to remember is at a certain brake pressure loss, the wheels will lock up.

i had a leak on the air brake dryer and bought the rebuild kit and it fixed it easy.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote