Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Power Steering Pump
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:48 PM   #9
Hardtrigger

As some of you know I had the power steering go out on mine two weeks ago and when I called Mike at Newell for a replacement he said to me that they had a couple of issues there with owners coming in with this isuue and the first thing for me to do { I was on a curvy, windy part of Hwy 1 in Oregon } was to pull the filter out and look for the rubber seal that fits between the power steering cap and the housing dropping into the fluid resevoir and getting caught in the supply line to the pump. I pulled off the lid,filter,center bolt, spring and sure enough at the bottom was the rubber seal he was talking about stuck halfway in the supply line reducing flow. Funny thing was I still had another seal between cap and housing so the previous owner or mechanic must of lost the first seal into the bath and put another seal on in for replacement. They are hard to keep from falling in even with the extra effort to keep in place. Any how when I returned home the pump was taken off {only two bolts and three lines} and took the pump down to have it tested and found the relief valve in the pump was worn out and replaced {$78.00} and with that done it was reinstalled and works fantastic ever since! Again Mike at Newell said this was a reoccuring issue and was dead on what to look for especially if you notice quite the reduction in power assistance. Those peeps at Newell are the best and very kind. Hope this helps someone in the future. Rob
Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote