Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Coffee maker upgrade
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #1
Bikestuff

Default Coffee maker upgrade

Gang,

One of the things that I admire in the newer coaches is the built-in coffee pot. They are made by Brew Express and are plumbed into the water supply. You never have to spill water all over the counter filling it up....just press one button and it makes the coffee. I am at Newell and asked them if they could add one to my coach...and they said "YES!". So I now have a new coffee maker!

Normally, it would be built into a wall...but as we know the vertical spaces are usually taken up wiht AC vents, plumbing vents and a variety of other stuff. So to keep from getting into the wall, they built a simple box and mounted it to the wall. The box was covered with shiny black formica. Water was run from below the sink and power was grabbed from an inverted circuit. All in all a super addition to the coach.

The coffee maker is a little unusual in the way that it works. Instead of running hot water through the grounds and into a heated carafe...it runs the hot water through the grounds into an super-duper insulated carafe. No heater element to use up power. It only draws power when it is actually brewing the coffee. The time between pressing the brew button and the beep saying it is done is surprisingly fast.

One downside is that it does not make a whole bunch of coffee at one time. If you regularly drink four or five cups of coffee in the morning...you might want to go another direction...but if are like me and want one or two great cups to start the day...this might be the ticket.

Don't ask me how much it costs though. I don't think you can put a price on a super-yummy, super-easy cup of coffee first thing in the morning!

Cheers,bill

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  9.3 KB
Coach #653 2003 powered by C12 Cat, BMW R1100GS, FJ Cruiser
Bikestuff is offline   Reply With Quote