Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Fulltimers Looking at Newell
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
rheavn

Welcome Bob & Carol,
Always nice to have new forum members and I believe you'll find this forum to be useful & informative. As an owner of several "plastic" coaches and now a Newell I will tell you that a Newell is quite an upgrade. We liked our Country Coach, but our Newell is just wonderful. Having 24/7 support is worth every penny we paid for it.

Ours is a '99 so I can't give you first hand information on the '05-'09s specifically. We bought ours and it was "turn key" and ready to go. Weight is a concern in any motor coach & I've always had them weighed in ready to go condition. I would not buy a coach that was over weight chassis wise or tire capacity wise. Weigh it before you buy. In speaking with Newell on the 3 year tire replacement it is my opinion they are "playing on the safe side". My Newell is no closer to maximum tire capacity on the front axle than my Country Coach was. When considering motorhome costs replacing the front tires at 3 years is pretty cheap insurance. As one who had a front end blow out on our Country Coach, do what you can to avoid it. Also I believe you will find most of the later model Newells now have the 365 front tires that Newell recommends running lower pressures and replacing every 5 years. As one who runs down these highways to the tune of about 20,000 miles a year I will say front tire replacement every three years is not excessive--there are a lot of pot holes to miss!

Finding "your Newell" will probably be your biggest challenge. It took me over 2 years to find "my Newell". We knew what we wanted and were patient. By far a trip to the factory in Oklahoma was my best research tool. If you can get your hands on a build list for a late model coach it is useful in seeing what the different options available were when a coach was built & figuring out what options you want on "your Newell". You must remember that the options are not limited to what is on a build sheet as Newells are custom built. You will find similar Newells, but no two Newells are the same. I have never seen one like mine. The coach classifieds on this site & Newells site were helpful. The other places I used to find a Newell was Ebay, RVonline.com, RVsearch.com and Google.

I hope this info will be useful & good luck in your search......................