Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Wisdom and costs associated with older Newell ownership
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #3
peneumbra

You would be wise to make a Newell your first RV - why not start at the top?
Older Newells are a great place to start, in terms of (relative) simplicity, cost, and size.
Having said that, one should be aware that ALL Newells are complex and sophisticated devices with lots of system interfaces. Diesel engine, big automatic transmission, generator, plumbing, heating/cooling, et al. can have even veteran owners scratching their heads as they search through a thick stack of manuals and instructions. And, the newer the coach, the thicker the stack.
The payoff to all this is that you end up with the highest quality motor home possible; that either speaks to you or it doesn't, and only you can be the judge of that.
Burning Man is in many ways a test: how much can you withstand, in a lot of diverse directions. Attending in a Newell is probably the most comfortable way possible, and beats sleeping in a tent by about a thousandfold. I've done both, so I know of what I speak...
peneumbra is offline   Reply With Quote