Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Hello Newell Owners
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
encantotom

howdy,

i agree with what the others have said here. my viewpoint is simple. if you find a newell that is well maintained, then the miles are not a huge issue. i have a 90 38' with the 8v92. the 2 stroke v92's were in a zillion over the road trucks, buses, boats, industrial applications for years. for the miles that a typical user does, (way less than 15k per year), you will never wear it out. even with 300k on it if well maintained. btw, i consistently get 6-6.5mpg towing a car and running the generator.

the only thing with higher mileage coaches is that that means there is more time to wear on the interior things and other systems. however, lower mileage coaches that are used extensively while parked can have the same wear. look at the race car owners coaches, they put alot more miles on but are maintained very well.

would i like to have a series 60....yes. am i happy enough with the 8v92....yea. when i bought mine 4 years ago, the series 60's were out of my price range...now they are more affordable.

my wife would love a 110v compressor type fridge. we have propane. and that is mostly because where we live in phoenix, the fridge will not get cold enough in the summer time. not a big deal because we dont live in it.

i happen to absolutely love the look of the 80's newells. i have been in many of the coaches of that vintage of the people on this forum. they are without exception amazingly nice.

i also love my 90. i could afford to upgrade to a 95 or newer to get a series 60 but a few things stop me....1)i have almost totally worked my way through my newell and learned, or refurbished or updated the various systems and interior. most because i wanted to and not because i needed to. 2). i have a 38' and right now anything longer wouldnt fit in my driveway. 3.) my newell has become part of my family. 4) i dont need anything any nicer, bigger or with a more manly engine. 5) i love the sound of the 2 stroke v92's.

the only thing i wish my coach had was the raised roof. mine was made for a short guy and he didnt pay the trivial amount to have a 4-6" higher ceiling like most of these have. i am 6 foot 2 and it is tall enough, but not alot of headroom. i also wish for my wife it had a traditional fridge. i could add one, but without adding more batteries, would not be able to dry camp at the nascar races like we do. or anywhere for that matter without running the genny all the time.

have fun and enjoy the new friends you will make which for me was the best part of getting a newell.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote