Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Buying a Newell
Thread: Buying a Newell
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #38
prairieschooner

This really belongs under electrical but these are ABYC (American Boat and Yacht Council) Recommended Standards. Check E-11.6.3.6. These are some of the Electrical Wiring Standards (if you want more I can check and post those).

E-11.16.3.5
Connections may be made using a setscrew pressure type conductor connector, providing a means is used to prevent the set-screw from bearing directly on the conductor strands.

E-11.16.3.6
Twist on connectors, i.e., wire nuts, shall not be used.

E-11.16.3.7
Solder shall not be the sole means of mechanical connection in any circuit. If soldered, the connection shall be so located or supported as to minimize flexing of the conductor where the solder changes the flexible conductor into a solid conductor.
EXCEPTION: Battery lugs with a solder contact length of not less than 1.5 times the diameter of the conductor.
NOTE: When a stranded conductor is soldered, the soldered portion of the conductor becomes a solid strand conductor, and flexing can cause the conductor to break at the end of the solder joint unless adequate additional support is provided.

E-11.16.3.8
Solderless crimp on connectors shall be attached with the type of crimping tools designed for the connector used, and that will produce a connection meeting the requirements of E-11.16.3.3.

But basically a Crimp-On type terminal.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote