Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - New Newell Owner in waiting.
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #39
slateblue911

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
HHHOOOOOOOOOO this is gonna be FUN!!!!
I'm wondering if that left pedal is a "parking brake" that is mounted on the tailshaft of the transmission...Does it have a remote mounted brake master cylinder? I'd trace the brake lines back to find it. Also, I love the idea of preserving the original wherever possible. I would use modern electronics and upgrades to improve safety/reliability though. (ie on my '78 I replaced the old glass type low voltage fuses with the newer blade type fuses changed to LED bulbs etc.)
What brand is the drivetrain? It probably has a direct high gear which would require more RPM's/ MPH than a modern O/Drive transmission.
Something else to think about before you put a lot of money in the original drivetrain......a modern V8/Overdrive transmission!!!
I will take a look and see where it goes. There are two cylinders on the brake pedal. There are also two remote power boosters behind the front left wheel. I have never seen a setup like this before. On a regular car the power booster and master cylinder are attached together. I will say that I do have to push the brakes almost to the floor to get it to stop. It does however come to a stop very quickly if needed. To the left of the steering column is an old line lock style handbrake that apparently locks the drivetrain. It connects to a brake assembly at the tail shaft of the trans.

I am not sure what the drivetrain is. How would I find out?

I have a 1995 Fuel Injected Ford 460 with I beleive a C6 automatic transmission. Is this heavy enough to use? It is from an E350 Shuttle Bus. Would I just need to change the trans???

https://www.newellclassic.com/gallery....php?album=145
slateblue911 is offline   Reply With Quote