Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Basement air recharge
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #10
Richard and Rhonda

Here are some numbers from my notes. One of the things that throws a wrench in the works is that the pressures are highly dependent on ambient temperature and somewhat humidity. That's why an AC guy just won't blurt out one set of numbers.

Anyhoo,

These readings were taken at an ambient temperature of 97 F
Low side 85 to 90 psi, on three different units. I didn't measure or write down the high side pressure. Temperature of the discharge air was 65 to 67F with the thermometer stuck in the discharge vent.

To illustrate the differences in pressure with difference in ambient temp.

These readings were taken with ambient temperature of 55 F

Low side 42 to 44 psi, high side 150 to 175 psi. I didn't measure the air discharge temp.

I can tell you that three basement units will freeze your heinie off in 100 weather. The bride likes it cool, the boys and I wear blankets in the coach in the summer.

Do keep in mind that, the compressors for each unit cycle on and off, make sure you are measuring the temperature when the compressor is actually running. Easiest way to tell is to step outside and see if the blower fan is running on that unit. On my coach, the unit behind the drivers wheel is the BR unit, the one on top in front of the drivers wheel is the middle unit, and obviously the one on bottom is the salon unit.

Hope this helps.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote