Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - replacing old tv with led 42" in 2001 Newell?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
GORDON HUMMEL

The attached link has some pictures on my 42" tv installation. My coach in 10 years older & not a raised roof model, but other wise I'll bet the front console is quite similiar.

Because I removed so much of the original cabinet, I did not feel comfortable hanging the tv on it. The bracket I made solved that problem. I had the doors made at a local glass shop. If you look closely, you will notice that the front of the tv is not mounted flush with the glass doors, but rather 2" further out. This was done intentionally, so that heat did not build up in the cabinet.

This tv was added 3 years ago. Since then the newer LED/LCD models have come out and are lighter, use a lot less power & have a lager screen for a given size. I believe I will be changing to a 44" that will fit in the existing opening.

When I was looking at tv specs some 3 years ago, the plasma tvs were quite heavy & used a lot more power & created more heat. The power usage might be a concern if parked without power.

http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/s...=3393#post3393
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote