Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Two 50 amp connections
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
greatriver

Somewhere in the recess of my strange mind I seem to remember something about a coach with two standard 50 amp leads, but I can't recall what or where. What prompted the question was someone made a post on the RVnet forum asking about 100 amp hook ups he had seen. I told him of my two 50 amp lead theory but got to thinking where that came from. Also, since Newell started making all electric coaches in the mid-90's (I believe) with 240v Aqua Hot, W/D, and cooktops, and they only had one 50 amp connection something didn't add up.

Well as so often happens on the RVnet forum the original question was ignored and an argument started over 50 amp circuits. Finally a rv park owner posted that someone with an '08 Newell stayed in his park and rented two spaces because he had two 50 amp cables. He did say that in addition to what we would consider standard Newell features the coach had a standard radiant oven. He also stated that the coach had 12 glass mat house batteries and I've never heard of that. Anyway, that's the reason for the question.

Wally, you are right, I should move on with a purchase but we built a plan around selling our home and that is proving to be a struggle. I never thought I would see the time when residential real estate was in this fix. Anyway we have reason to think that things may be finally moving ahead by the first of the year. I keep a pretty up to date file on all available Newell's in our price range so we'll be able to move when we get a contract.

Our best to all for a wonderful holiday season.