Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Driving in Snow? Cold Weather Comfort?
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
MarkofSJC

Default Driving in Snow? Cold Weather Comfort?

Holiday Greetings to all!

Our family's love of snow skiing, and the random picture that came up on this board of someone driving through a snow storm got me wondering. Can Newells be driven comfortably through the snow? Yes, you've got 50,000+ pounds of "ground hugging" weight and ATC in most newer coaches...but is it advisable? If we were taking it up to the mountains for skiing, has anyone ever used chains?

I know, I know, the wheels on these coaches are typically always rolling towards where it's sunny and warm, but we really enjoy all four seasons and there's something about the crisp air and the beauty of any landscape when draped in a coat of fresh snow that I especially enjoy (okay, maybe just for a couple of weeks, then back to our personal paradise in Southern CA). Yes, folks, I'm talking winter camping. In the coach!

I'd love to hear about any experiences using your coach where coats and mittens were required (and swimsuits were unless there was a jacuzzi nearby!).

Until then, I wish you and your familys the very best this holiday season offers!

Cheers!
Mark

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote