Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - AV upgrades
Thread: AV upgrades
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
encantotom

Default AV upgrades

all,

my 2002 came with a 42" plasma in the back and up front. they were old style plasmas with no tuners and only BNC RGB and video connections. i have taken them out (man they were heavy). and taken out the other gear as well. a buddy of mine and i spent a chunk of the afternoon tracing out the coax lines. mine was really wired up a little strange (i am sure it made sense at the time).

my tv antenna is missing on top but at least the coax is there and runs to the front tv area.

there is two coax lines we couldnt find the other end to.

i am going to put i think two 42" LG LED tv's in and a 37" in one of the bays. the only coax i have to figure out how to run is a couple of them to the bay tv.

i want to have all video run through the AV receiver so the old marantz receivers front and back will come out. one of the dilemmas is that the speakers are ADS separates with crossovers and are shared between the home theatre and car stereo and are 4 ohms. most receivers are not crazy about 4 ohm speakers but since i will not be cranking it up incredibly loud i think i will be ok.

i will likely add a powered subwoofer up front as well. just have to run a coax to it from the overhead.

the great thing is my cabinets are all set up for 42" tv's so it that part will be quite straight forward. the aluminum tilting mount up front is really well made and is VESA 400x400 setup and that is the same as the LG for mounting. good stuff.

i have mentioned it in other posts, but be sure to look at www.monoprice.com for mounts and cables. high quality and veryvery inexpensive.

i will do a dedicated blu ray player for each tv rather than share.

i have two smaller tv's mounted over the desk (where the dinette is on all of yours) and will take those down and maybe put new ones there or something else.

it will be set up for gaming as well. been playing around with video server ideas and wireless as well. the tv's i get will have bult in wifi and widi and wifi direct. cool stuff if you look it up.

making progress but slow.

tom
Attached Images

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote