Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 8v92 slobber tubes?
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #12
hlfdzn

Thanks for the great info Troy & Michael. After seeing the Air Box Drain (ABD) Canister pdf, I removed the drain spout and drained out the oil that was in it. I'll have to cut a hole in the engine rock screen to give me easier access in the future. Also removed and cleaned out both check valves.

After performing the above and then checking out the Racor CCV-6000, I'm left with the question: What exactly are we referring to as slobber tubes? The tubes that run into the ABD canister originate on the engine block, and the tubes that the CCV-6000 refers to are the two that originate from the valve cover and are currently vented forward of the engine down to the ground. From looking over the underneath of my engine, both sets have oil residue that comes out of them.

Since the ABD Canister appears to resolve the one set of tubes, I'd like to put something on the second set. The dust from the Alaska Hwy when combined with the oil blowby can clog the radiator quickly. The Racor are almost $300 each and you need two of them, plus I won't be able to get them before leaving on Thursday. Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote