Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Question that turned into a problem
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
GORDON HUMMEL

Question answered. My assumption was that the relay in question was OE. I now believe it was installed after the coach was built! When I purchased this coach about 4 years ago, there was a switch panel, labeled Remco, mounted to the left side of the dash. It appeared to be added on & was not mounted with the typical Newell expertise. My knee kept hitting it, I didn't know what it was for, so I moved it under the dash & tied it up. Fast forward 4 years, if the engine is running & you flip the switch on that Remco panel, wala the relay in the back is activated.

As to the battery switch not cutting off power completely, I am still at a loss.
Either 1. the switch is bad or
2. power is being back fed from another circuit.

I am trying to figure out how to get to the battery switch on the lower part of the electrical panel. All the wires going to this panel appear to be long enough to allow the panel to be rotated to allow inspection of the back of this panel. Just not sure how to get at it. Has anyone ever worked on theirs????????????
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote