Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Need lower bay lift supports source
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 01:31 AM   #8
encantotom

wow, you guys are making this sound complicated with tools etc. i can change a strut in about 30 seconds with nothing other than a small screwdriver or angled pick.

i have bought the struts from several places. newell is the most expensive by far at over 20 dollars each. once you know the length and stroke, look on ebay. you should be able to get them for 5-10 dollars each and are of equal quality. email steve at ohopbob@yahoo.com

i was lucky to find a case of 70 that i paid 83 dollars shipped, but i have discovered mine are 2 inches shorter than almost everyone elses.

the longer ones i got a case of 50 for 83 bucks shipped and got them for someone else on the forum.

i have used or given away most of mine so dont have much left to give.

extended length is 437mm 17.2 inches (center to center of socket).

stroke is 159mm 6.2 inch stroke

tube is 18mm

rod is 8mm

do NOT put the 120pound struts on as they will break up your mounts. stay with 90 pounds. newell sold me 120 pound ones and they ripped up alot of my door mounts.

the ones i got cheap are 82 pounds (365 newtons)

the balls tend to get worn as well and i have replaced most of them as well. the guy on ebay includes them with the end sockets and gas strut.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote