Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Non Slide Newell VS Non Slide Prevost Values...what the heck is going on?????
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:14 AM   #1
Dave-n-Marjorie

Default Non Slide Newell VS Non Slide Prevost Values...what the heck is going on?????

Ok guys and gals, I am in a quandry and cant wait to hear all the feedback. Marjorie and I own a 96 non slide bath and a half raised roof Series 60 with 65k miles. If you check out our prior posts, we have fully updated the coach putting more than $20k+ in it with no major issues. We purchased from original owner. You would not believe how many people talk about our coach and want us to give them a tour of it at the RV Resort we own a lot (Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort).

So today a 95 marathon xl Prevost comes in to rent for a few weeks and I end up chatting with the owner. He wanted to check out our coach so we give him the usual tour. HE IS AMAZED!! After that, he didnt want to even show us his Prevost but eventually did. His Prevost was not touched in 17 years and had lots of pinks, blues, tube tv's ect...but it was nice for sure.

So then we start talking values.........He bragged about only paying $100k for it.....Shopped for over a year all over.....he lost a few on ebay, but four of the ones that sold cheap on ebay he went to visit and said they were junk. Was on www.philcooper.com daily. He even stayed at Pelican Lake for a week in Naples Prevost hunting. He wanted a non Royale, something under 100k miles, and one or two owners, and wanted all books, ect....and basically something not trashed but taken care of. He wanted a Series 60 but knew he couldnt find one under $100k in the shape he wanted.

So now my quandry.........Why the heck are Newells priced so low??? I have read lots of posts on here where a few members think a non slide Newell with a Series 60 is worth between $60 - $80k. It doesnt make any sense unless I am missing something. In my opinion, a Newell should be worth waaaay MORE than a cookie cutter Prevost conversion. It is VERY hard to find Newells, and usually there are less than 3 non slide series 60's out there at any given time. Side by side comparison Newell would win in many catagories. Heck, this Prevost guy today wanted a bath and a half, but knew to get one in a Prevost with no slides would cost him OVER $200k.

Yes....there are Newell "deals" out there. Someone dumping one trading it in for an upgrade, bank repo, or just someone desperate that needs the cash. But for every Newell "deal" there are dozens of Prevost deals. Newell owners are such a close family, we should be the first ones to know price should equal quality and vice versa!

After my Newell tour and talk with this Prevost owner, I asked him if he would have bought mine for $100k. His eyes opened wide and said, heck yes!!! He would put his on ebay tomorrow and give me a deposit. Now, there is no way I am selling, as he wants what I have, but I have what I want. Then he looked at me, and said....$100k really???? what is the matter with it??????

And then it hit me.....I hear Prevost owners are waaaaay tigher than Newell owners. They hold their pricing. They talk about holding it on boards and at rallys. They know what they have and command their price....and they get it.... Most rvers really dont know what a Newell is...and when they see a 45' bus, series 60 for $60 or $70k.....they say....omg whats the matter with it???????

I truely believe we need to acknowledge and adopt and brag about TRUE Newell pricing across the board....classics, 6v's 8Vs, series 60s, slides, ect.... The values, not the "deals". These things are top two of all rvs, RAREST top RV, and most of all, hand built SOLID to last forever!

People dont hesitate to drop $100k for a non slide Prevost, $225k for a double slide Prevost....why wont they for Newells???????????

Lets change this attitude together!!!!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote