Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Winterizing
Thread: Winterizing
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #5
Wally Arntzen

I was in Santa Fe, NM about 6 years ago and after the coach in the early morning I was running and I hooked up the car and got into the coach to leave and it would not go. I had to call a deisel mechanic and he new right away that it was a air line freeze up. One of the manifolds that the air goes through was froze. He took off a line and put some alcohol in the manifold and it was the line that supplied the accelerator. The engine was running all the time but it would not accelerate when pushing down on the pedal. From them on Ive added a quart in each tank and the mechanic I use in minneapolis says they put in all of the buses the maintain during the winter monthes. This is the first time my coach will be siting through the winter but I did often leave Minnesota during very cold weather and I don't have any discomfort about freezing lines. The anti gel is also used by most truckers and deisel vehicles to prevent the fuel from gelling up during extremely cold weather. If your coach is just going to sit through the winter and not moved you don't need the alcohol in air tanks or the gel in the fuel tanks. Even though I don't plan to take my coach south this winter I do it just in case I need to leave in the middle of winter and I don't have to be concerned.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote