Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Suburban Propane Heaters - 1979 Newell
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
encantotom

i had 2 of my three do EXACTLY the same thing. if there is propane to the furnace, then it is a high likelyhood the ignitor control board is bad. what i did to confirm it was to swap boards between furnaces and the problem switched furnaces.

if you end up replacing them, from my humble opinion the ONLY ones to buy are the dinosaur electronics boards. they are much better than the stock ones and fairly priced.

i have had all three of my furnaces out, replaced boards, bench tested them and tuned them up.

like michael said, there is just a few things on them. if the fan is running fast enough, it will click the igniter and open the propane valve. the control board might not have enough spark, or open the solenoid controlling the gas valve.

the boards are about a hundred bucks apiece, so that is why swapping them is the sure way of knowing if the board is bad.

i took all three out and cleaned and rewired etc, just to be sure and used a propane bottle and hoses i adapted to work along with a 12v car battery.

i learned a ton on how to set the air adjustment to make them work right.

you shouldnt have to do all that though.

they are not the easiest things to get at, but not impossible.

i sent you my contact info if you need more help, call me.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote