Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Suburban Propane Heaters - 1979 Newell
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
prairieschooner

Our Center Heater, a Suburban model NT16L, was not working and actually making noises. I removed the Heater as an assembly by removing the Vent Cap (Outside Fitting with 4 Screws for the Base and 1 Screw inside the Round Part of the Outside Fitting and 4 Wires). I was then able to remove the Heater Assembly from the Housing and inspect the Combustion Air Box (Squirrel Cage Area). I found a Wasps Nest in there that had distorted the Combustion Air Wheel (Squirrel Cage). I have been able to order at least some of the Gaskets so that I can Complete Servicing the Heater Assembly.
Be careful guys, parts for these older units are getting hard to come by and some No Longer Available! The local Shop told me that the Combustion Air Wheel is one of those NLA parts. This Heater did not have a Screen installed when we got the Coach, I have found it in a Bay and will make sure that it is installed to keep this from happening again. I would think that as long as the Limit Switch that determines Proper Air Flow is working Properly then the Screen should not present a problem.
Just a "Heads Up".
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote