Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - 8V92 Oil & Water Temps running high after oil change.
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
David Carrol

The oil was the same straight 40 weight I have been using as had the previous owner. I picked up a case lot and keep it on board. The engine does not use oil for which I am glad. I just like having some on board so I don't have to go hunting since most of the truck stops I've been at only seem to carry the multi-viscosity grades. The water temps have been consistent since I bought the coach. That was what peaked my interest when I saw the oil temps going higher. Yes there was a correlation with the temp differentials and the oil change. I should have listened to the shop manager and not changed the oil. I am still adjusting to some of the higher mileage intervals on maintenance items such as the distance between oil changes. I had about 12,000 on the old change and was told not to worry about it for another 12,000. I felt better changing it and now the temps are different.

Thanks again for the info. I'm open to any more suggestions that may be out there.