Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - Differences - Pulling trailer vs. flat tow car?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 AM   #4
afrench45

Mark,
To my knowledge the shortest stacker made is 22'.
To back what Richard said, If you have a good copilot than you can back a flat-tow in emergency situations. I was on 30a (2 lane, small beach road) in Florida and missed my turn. I felt like that the road was wide enough to swing out and make a U-turn across the road...well i miss judged that one for sure, I was about 3 feet short. After a moment of panic My son quickly ran out and tried to undo the Hummer, but do to the angle of the road, it was in a bind. (Traffic was starting to back up now) The only thing to do was try to back the coach and the Hummer together...He started the Hummer and put it into gear and slowly backed it as i backed the coach and thankfully the tow bar is fine. By the time it was all said and down I had traffic backed up for about 4 blocks or so each way.... SO like Richard said, it can be done.
My friend who has a 28' stacker that he pulls behind his 07' said that you can back, but its not the easiest thing to do. I think the steer-able tag helps a lot though.
Goodluck!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote