Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - TracStar In Motion Satellite System Satellite Reception
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #9
encantotom

you guys are more current in the exact hardware he has so i will leave the advice on it to you.

each satellite is of different age and technology. some are quite old.

a satellite will have a number of transponders which take a channel in and amplifies it and re broadcasts it.

the reason some channels on the same satellite can be ok and some not is that they can have a different transponder. a transponder can do a number of channels. so channel 300-309 could be fine and 310-313 could be goofy because that transponder might be having trouble....the transponder is in the satellite.

of course there are many other reasons as well. the channel and transponder list changes all the time and is part of the programming your sat box has in it that is updated all the time. the box that aims your dish just know the coordinates for a specific sat and will find it. since the number of satellites is not real high, it doesnt need to be updated real often. in the case of an in motion dish, then it will track it.

i have a T2 Automation in motion dish on my coach.

i am no expert, but know enough to be dangerous.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote