Luxury Coach Lifestyles - View Single Post - TracStar In Motion Satellite System Satellite Reception
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #10
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Skeen View Post
Tuga,
Is your in motion a tracstar a SV360 and dose it have a display unit? The display unit should show the sat and the strength of the signal. Your directv control will also show the strength but may not show which sat the antena is lock on but the display unit does.
Ron,

Yes, my dish is a Tracstar SV360 and it does have a display unit. The display unit shows that I am on 101; 9 Southwest Locked on.

I went into the menu and checked the LAT/LONG and my numbers were 44 322 which was way off. I entered my correct LAT/LONG and nothing changed because I also had my zip code entered correctly in the system and it was using my zip code not LAT/LONG.

Tom,

Thanks for the explanation of transponders; it is starting to make sense now. Also, I have noticed that my display unit is toggling between 85 & 86. I assume that 85 & 86 are transponders; maybe that's why I can't lock on to certain transponders.

I think that this is DirecTV's problem, and hopefully it will be corrected shortly.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote